A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cc = Congratulations

C is for Congratulations.


C is for Congratulations. This Saturday, will mark four hard years of work, tears, joy, and laughter for many of my friends from Azusa Pacific University. Other than my own graduation, this one is meaningful because I dear friend and sister of mine is graduating.
Her name is Rachael. She is beautiful, amazing, loving, caring, considerate, funny, honest and real, and she has become family to me.
It all started in 2009 when we met. She interviewed for a missions trip to Camden, New Jersey that I was leading. I loved her heart and her testimony and decided to pick her. I chose her because I knew Camden would rock her world, would teach her, change her, and help her to grow. I also saw a bit of myself in her, the young and innocent-ness of being in your late teens and early twenties. There was a connection a bond that grew from something more than two girls traveling together, something more than a leader and student or follower. We quickly became family.


I became like a nurturing mother to my sweet, Rachael. I was just one of the people who got to pour into her life and watch her grow into the beautiful woman that she is now. We fought like mother and daughter and laughed and joked like sisters. Greater than any bond was our bond in Christ and our relationship continually developed, especially in Camden and over our mutual love for children and the children suffering of injustice.
Now over two years after meeting, she is graduating. My dearest Rachael is graduating a woman who has fought for her beliefs, has fought for her desires, and has fought to be an example. She has overcome so much and learned so much. She is graduating with a job and graduating and moving into the unknown and moving into a new life and new place, in an all new adventure.


I love you my dear, sweet, and beautiful Rachael. This only describes an ounce of how I feel about you and how proud I am of the woman you have become and everything you have accomplished. Lastly, I love that you and I will always share our bond of Tyrone Wells! You are loved!

No comments: