A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mm = Miracles and Mission

M is for Miracles and Mission

I meditated over what to write for M for the longest time. Originally I was going to write about manners and how some guys were just raised right and are very chivalrous, but then it hit me. Miracles. Every day is one.

I once thought that miracles were those things that you read about in the Bible, the things that you've never heard of happening before like someone being raised from the dead or being healed by the sores being gone from their body. But the more I thought about it, prayed about it, and meditated about the idea of miracles I realized that they happen every day. Big and small ones.

Bon Jovi once said, “Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you'll see them all around you.”

I really believe that Bon Jovi knows what's up, not just musically either. If we took a look at our lives God works and moves in mysterious ways. We need to change our perception of what miracles look like.

In my life, for example, I think the "way I turned out" is a miracle. I came from a home where love wasn't expressed and shown. My parent's marriage was practically arranged and though my father said there was love at first sight with my mom... she didn't speak English. I was never shown how to love or didn't know what the love of a parent felt like. I knew yelling and screaming, I knew what is was like growing up in a home filled with abuse of drugs or alcohol... amidst the verbal and emotional abuse. A majority of this stemming from my father, I never had "daddy issues" in the way most girl's seem to. I never acted out in throwing myself at boys or men, never got into drinking or smoking, or drugs. In fact, the way I was  raised caused me to run the opposite direction and it gave me the desire to be more and to be better and to not be like "them". I think that in itself is a miracle.

I was "raised in a Christian home and went to church" growing up. But I was never shown what it was like to have a personal relationship with Christ, I was never shown the importance of prayer or talking to God or relying on Him and not myself to control things in my life, and my life itself. Yet, I believe I am one of God's little and big miracles. Looking at where I am now despite my circumstances is an everyday miracle.

I am 24 years old, I have my Bachelor and Masters degree (which I earned in less than a year, and both in less than 4 years). I work full time, I've never had a boyfriend, and never been kissed. I live my life for Christ and desire to serve Him and follow Him and His will. I pray for direction in where he'd want me to go and what He'd want me to do.

I desire for His mission, to be my mission. He has also sent me on a mission. A mission to serve His people in Peru. I never wanted to go abroad and serve because my desire and heart has always been for the people in my life and around me. So through reservations and through prayer I applied and was accepted and God is transforming through this process. He has met every need and worry I had going into this trip... a trip I never thought of going on or considered. Not only has He provided financially above and beyond what I anticipated or what the goal was, but he has given me a new family. He has given me new friends and people that I cannot imagine my life without.

So as I leave you here today to go get my shots for Peru, I pray that you awaken to the miracles going on around you. Nothing is too big or too small for God to handle and I ask that you pray for one miracle for me and for my church...

Pray for this sweet girl: Adriana.
Pray for her. Adrianna , a 14-year-old girl who is fighting systemic sclerodoma. She is a beautiful young girl from my church, who has the best smile and spirit. Pray that she would be healed and that she would be today and tomorrow's miracle.

No comments: