A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Kk = Kindred Spirits


K is for Kindred Spirit

A kindred spirit is someone who feels and thinks the way you do.

Have you ever just felt deeply connected to someone. Maybe it was instantaneous or something over time that you just felt connected to someone because you related.

My best friend and I are like that. We met in life group in 2009 and we had similar stories in our relationships with our family, and even more similar relationships in our walk with God. I asked her to coffee and we immediately hit it off and began serving together and hanging out all the time. I don't exactly remember when it all happen but we've been best friends ever since. We're accountability partners and I cannot imagine my life without her. She will be my maid or matron of honor, without a doubt. I don't have sisters, but she is mine.

There is a saying about how we are born with sisters but we chose them as friends. Well, in Christ, she is my sister and I chose her as my friend, the best of friend... the best friend I could ever as for. The best thing about our relationship is that it is so grounded in Christ and in His love and discovering His desires and will for our lives. We hold each accountable in our relationship with HIM and it only enriches our friendship and we pour into each others lives, which only allows for us to continue to seek HIM.

"The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend." ~Cali Rae Turner

"I, who have no sisters or brothers, look with some degree of innocent envy on those who may be said to be born to friends." ~James Boswell

"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." ~Isadora James


"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time." ~Clara Ortega

"We know one another's faults, virtues, catastrophes, mortifications, triumphs, rivalries, desires, and how long we can each hang by our hands to a bar. We have been banded together under pack codes and tribal laws." ~Rose Macaulay


Love you bestie. Thank you for helping grow and learn and I'm excited for our never-ending laughter, adventures, and food travels! :D

No comments: