A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Friday, May 27, 2011

Jj = Joy


J is for Joy.

There are so many things that bring me JOY. Even more so things that bring me joy are a few things that start with J. I am thankful for a lot of things in my life that begin with J that I love.

First, allow me to introduce myself... Jennifer Nichole Elrod. Born in January. That is the start of two great things. I love the month of January also because of this man:
Justin Timberlake.
Thank you January for birthing this beauty who also brings me joy and is delicious eye candy. LOL. He is beautiful, he was in the lovely band NSync, then ventured into bringing Sexy Back. Which... he did.

Two other favorite months are June and July... primarily because they are my travel months. Every summer for the past five years, I go on a trip in either June or July and sometime for both months. One month from today, I will be boarding a plane for Peru. I cannot wait. Getting to serve in a new place with some of the most amazing people and friends that I have ever met will be an amazing, challenging, learning, and joyful experience.

Lastly, I am praying this verse over my life as well as my trip to Peru:

Isaiah 55:12 - "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."

Thanks for reading, I wanted to keep it short and sweet.

No comments: