A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Monday, November 7, 2011

All Stirred Up

"For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose." - Philippians 2:13.


This morning I read a devotional that talked about stirring things up, it gave an illustration of a cup of coffee. This cup of coffee had the warmth, it had the right color with the perfect amount of cream added, and the sugar had been also pour in. As the coffee was sipped, the taste was off. The coffee had not been stirred...

Sometimes in our life, we are like that cup of coffee... we can go to church, be in a small group, pray every day, and read our bible but something can be off or we can be at a stand still. Sometime we can have all the components and ingredients, but we need to be stirred.

When things change, become unstable, or things get stirred up- we may question why is God doing this? Why has He forgotten me in a trying time?

But have WE forgotten that His hand may be doing the stirring, shifting, or moving. Sometimes things have to be mixed up so that He can reach us... and reach the things that He wants to work on.

Like we can have a glass of milk and chocolate syrup in it, but that doesn't make it chocolate milk. It has to be mixed, and not just a light stirring. But sometimes we have to scrap the bottom of the glasses in order to get that richness of color and taste of that chocolate milk. God's stirring is very similar.

He works in you and me to better accomplish His purpose.

Sometimes we need to be shaken, sometimes stirred, and sometimes just straight up on ice.

We know that we cannot always stay in one place or stay at a stand still... we are called to be uncomfortable. We are suppose to be always changing and growing, aren't we?

When we feel stirred up in our lives, remember God has a greater purpose. He loves us enough not to let us settle or get stuck (like the chocolate in the glass, or the sugar at the bottom of a coffee cup) and to not leave us bitter.

All the elements can be there but sometimes we just need a good stirring!
And in the stirring and swirling we are moving in order to become what He has intended.

I thinking I am being stirred in my life right now... and I am along for the ride and am waiting for the spinning to stop. But I am so excited to see the outcome, to see and taste the goodness of the Lord. I willing and ready to learn and grow and to be on the move...

Prayer for those filling stirred:
Dear Lord, when I am feeling stirred up, help me to think of it as You are working Your sweetness into me, as You preventing me from becoming stuck. I want to move forward with You and become what You have in mind... In Jesus Name, Amen.

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of sheep, equip you with everything good for doing His will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever." -Hebrews 13: 20-21.





Linking up through:

1 comment:

Shanda said...

I know God is stirring up something wonderful in your life because you have so much to offer him and He sees your heart.