A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Thursday, July 18, 2013

You Called Me Out

It is way past my bedtime and I find myself wide awake trying to process the past 24 hours... or even the past month.

One month ago I left for Haiti. I spent two weeks there serving and loving on the most amazing children and people that I have ever met. I was devastated to leave but so thankful for the opportunity. One of the best experiences was that I did a few photography projects for the mission.
I loved it. I got to meet each of the 46 children of the Miriam Center face to face... to love on them, capture their smile and sweet souls and I can't wait for the pictures to be shared with the world so that they can continue to be supported but also prayed for daily.

I found myself back at home... feeling sick from travels and wondering what was next. I definitely knew that God pulled heavily on my heart. Before leaving for Haiti, I knew that I have been called to service... to truly use my talents and gifts for God's kingdom. I left my job and went to Haiti to begin that process. I came home and have  been spending a majority of my time volunteering at my home church CCV. I have been praying for the right doors to be opened and closed as I search for a job. I have been hopeful as I have applied for several jobs at churches or universities and have just been waiting. To occupy my time, I helped raise around $6,000 for a benefit concert and dinner for missions through my church.

Before leaving, you may have seen my blog post about the process of going to Haiti, if you haven't please check it out!

The song Oceans by Hillsong has really been captivating and even more so now than ever. I am being called to step out of the boat and have the faith to walk on water... to walk where there are no borders holding me in or back.

Have you ever asked God for something privately and had Him answer it? You had told no one but the Lord and even thought... what a pipe dream.

Going back to Haiti in June was like that. As I stood at the mission I was in awe of being there and it felt so unreal for the first  few days.I will share further stories in future blogs. But let's say the reunion with Gilbert was all worth it.

Well, the past 24 hours have been insane. I have seen God call me out.

Have you ever been called out by a friend? Hopefully it is out of love and accountability when they do that. When we pray for God to lead us... are we really and honestly willing to go where He would lead? Have you ever thought of that?

God has called me out... again. Out of the boat and out on the waters.

Read the lyrics:

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior


I have prayed these... sang these lyrics, cried to these and been in awe of each time I listen to this song the strength and peace that it gives me and even new understanding.

My co-leader from Haiti mentioned several months ago that the mission was looking for photography interns and I should consider it. I contacted them and said that I could do photography but I already had a trip planned to Haiti and would help while I was there... so I did.

I came home and have begun processing the photos. They (the mission) have loved what I have given so far and have been so appreciative so far. They wanted to talk to me about the internship again, I told them I wasn't interested because I just got back and I needed to be finding employment soon.

We touched base this week and I let them talk about the opportunity. I was blown away by what I heard..

They want me to help with photography again but a longer term.. I only would need to raise money for ministry supplies and any other additional expenses. I was in shock and tears on the phone. I'm being asked to come back... I would be the media director's right hand. I just prayed.

I have been asked to go back to Haiti!

I wouldn't be an intern but I would be working for the mission... doing photography. I would basically be the assistant media director as I work on some new programs the mission will be launching and I would be capturing them and sharing them with social media. I would also get to hang out with the Gilbert all the time and pour love into him and TiStevenson. I don't know that I could ask for anything better.
 TiStevenson and I.
Gilbert

So here is where I am at:
Currently I am unemployed and looking for work. So this opportunity comes at the perfect time. If I accept, I will be going from beginning of September until just before Thanksgiving in November. I would like to raise $2000, for ministry projects and expenses. One of my goals is to get shoes for all the kids. When we take them to the park, most of the kids don't have shoes and get bit by red ants as they wonder around the playground and grass.
I could look for jobs while in Haiti and look to have something lined up for when I return home.
My goal would be to decide to the next two weeks. I will be praying for God to open the door for a job if I am suppose to stay but also that if I go that the funds will be taken care of. This is gaining me experience and ability to work and serve in ministry whole heatedly. I am single and not committed to anything here at home.

In the past 24 hours, I have been asked to go back and live in Haiti for 2.5 months doing something I love with the children by my side. I have had someone offer to take care of my car and help with my car payments and another person offer to help fund my trip. I' m in awe.

So please be praying for wisdom and discernment- especially as I need to come to an answer. Pray for my health if I go and that my health being back will jump back to normal. Please pray for my parent's hearts to be softened and understanding of whatever my decision. Please pray for doors to be closed and opened clearly.

I will be disengaging from Facebook and social media of the next few days from Friday until at least Sunday if not longer as I seek discernment.

Lastly I ask for you to pray for peace over my heart which is really heavy and for protection against spiritual attack because as I seek to save the Lord, I know it will come.

I would love your feedback and encouragement via my blog and facebook so I can read through it all when I return to social media in the next few days.

Thank you for your love support and prayers.

If you'd like to donate and believe in what I will be doing, then you can click on the button below.
http://www.gofundme.com/sendjenntohaiti


No comments: