A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Last Week of Camp...

Monday… a week and two days left!!!

Five days of camp are left and I am leaving Camden/ New Jersey in just over two days and then I’ll be back home.

Monday and Tuesday we just worked on All Camp Day stuff like our camp song and activities and such.
All Camp Day is an event on Thursday hosted by Urban Promise and all of the camps compete against each other for the Golden Crate (a crate spray painted gold and stuffed with tons of candy for the kids) and the big kid camps against each other and then the little kid camps against each other. You’re judge on your camp song, competitions, and excitement/cheering, as well as the ability to sit down and be quite on queue or the quickest.

Also Tuesday was one of the hottest days of the summer so far and they were thinking of canceling camp, also because of the heat the kids were very restless and a few walked out of camp to go to the corner store and a food fight broke out during lunch… craziness!

Wednesday was swim day which was really nice and relaxing and then we had our intern lunch after camp. Since it was our day off they planned a trip for the interns to go to a nearby private lake to go swimming and kayaking and so I went. There ended up only being 8 of us which was sad but I actually really enjoyed being in the small group and hanging out and I went kayaking for the first time! It was great!
The evening was not so great because after going out for Katie’s goodbye dinner (she’s leaving four days earlier than everyone), we (Leann and I) were stranded at headquarters for almost two hours until about 1:30am and I was having horrible neck pain and became extremely sick and emotional. We finally ended up getting a ride home from a former intern who is staying in the area for a week, but thanks to my loving friends here they calmed me down and thanks for having Jesselyn to vent to back home because I was frustrated. Love you all!

Today was ALL CAMP DAY!!! The big day arrived and we were all decked out and hyped for the day and the kids behaved. And I think we may have won… we’ll find out in the morning…

Tomorrow is the last day of camp…

No comments: