A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Friday, July 13, 2007

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...

Thursday was a tough day for me, the weather quite alright but the attitude of one of the kids was not. One of the kids failed to follow the three camp rules (participate, respect others, and respect staff) and received one strike from me and then another two from the streetleader. He was then sent out of class and came back with a suspension (supposedly from basketball). He returned back to class and continued to disrupt the class and so eventually he began to walk out and called the streetleader a (excuse the French) “fat ass” and me a “fucking bitch”. I felt anger of course, but what was I to do? I decided to just be the better person and try to keep the momentum of my class going because just because he lost his composure did not mean that I had to lose mine.

Later that afternoon we had our basketball games for our camp, the boy showed up and played. Later that evening I talked to our director and he did not know what had happen, so he was going to suspend him from camp on Monday and I found out he ended up talking to his mom.
Well, we had three games and the varsity boys won, the jv boys lost, and then my girls won. Holla! Afterwards I washed a huge load of dishes for the east house and began to cook for Josh’s birthday dinner. Three of us (interns) decided to make Josh, our events director, dinner for his birthday. So we cooked up steak (his favorite), Caesar salad, and then red roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, and I made warm brownies a la mode for dessert. Despite the hardships of the day, I had a wonderful evening hanging out at UP and having some great and deep conversations.

Today is Friday!!!

We had a Capture the Flag game and then we had Bible Buddies. Malaysia, Dayna, and Karle’s were my buddies for today; I bought them ice cream because they won their game. Then they gave me a make-over and “beauty mark” and then I went home and took a nice nap and showered up for the teen worship service and Urban Promise. Now I am just hanging out and I am so excited for going to New York tomorrow! 

No comments: