A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

New York

New York is so amazing and big and beautiful, yet hectic and crazy. I loved every minute of it. We arrived in New York at about 10:30am and were dropped off a few blocks from Times Square, my group (Chelsea and Sarah) decided to go see the Statue of Liberty. We walked about half of the way because we walked for like 2 hours maybe (stopping here and there to shop, of course) and then we hopped on the subway for like three stops and then walked for about another half an hour. It took us an hour to get on the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty, which was so beautiful. We decided to dedicate it to Josh and Hugh, “Yeah, Statue of Liberty, yeah!” Afterwards, we walked to Ground Zero and took our time and prayed and paid our respects. It is hard to imagine that just six years ago, almost everywhere we stood was just completely surrounded with dust.

Next we walked about 5 blocks or so and then we hopped on the subway (I feel like such a New Yorker… haha) to go to Times Square. We arrived there at about 5pm and went to the Hard Rock CafĂ© for dinner, which was so nice because our wait time to eat was only 15 minutes. Dinner was amazing and Chelsea was so excited to be there, she collects guitar key chains from each one. Next we walked about and shopped and went into all the cool shops- we had about two hours until we had to meet back up with everyone. We met with everyone at about 8:30pm and then left New York shortly after 9pm.

The bus ride back on the Urban Promise bus took so long because we had to keep circling because of traffic and everyone was so exhausted, almost everyone slept on the bus ride back. I believe we were all so cramped though that sleep was very difficult.

Sunday equaled exhaustion. We had to meet at UP for choir and a few people were late and so out of pure exhaustion and lack of sleep I was utterly exhausted. So I definitely was not the most positive person, but I did fine and we sang and then went out to lunch. Afterwards most of us napped at UP and then we left for church that night. Every Sunday night, all of the interns and staff get together and have worship together. We talked about spurring each other on and helping each other get through the day and how to be a team player. We also had our APU group get together where we talked about how we were doing at our separate camps and houses and then we got letters that we had written ourselves back in January about what we were expecting out of Camden. After church we had a pizza fight and then we relaxed and hung out at headquarters for a bit.

No comments: