A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Monday, September 23, 2013

Haitian Pick Up Line

A Haitian Pick Up Line

September 22, 2013

SonSon was a boy that I met last summer during one of my last days in Haiti. He was my buddy for when we went to the park. He is a boy from the community and is about 9 or 10 years old. He has down syndrome, but his parents care for him which is a rarity in Haiti.

I have gotten to see him so much this trip and it is exciting to see how He has grown.

He sat next to me during the funeral for Rachel this week. He hadn’t seen me yet for the week or for the day and he smiled and came over and sat next to me. A few minutes later he looked over at me and said, “WOW”. I don’t know why… maybe because I was wearing a long black dress and my hair was braided and I had a headband, which is more than my normal fun-bun and skirt. Either way it was kind of funny.

Then a few minutes later, he looked up at me again and practically did the old school yawn move and put his arm around me. He held it there the entire service.

I don’t know about you, but I think I was just hit on my a cute little Haitian child.

I wonder if he thinks I’m his girlfriend haha.

1 comment:

Priscilla Chauser said...

so precious! his yawn move worked! :)