A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sticky Hands



Today while we were painting one of the classrooms of the Miriam Center, Autumn (physcial therapist for the mission) sent out one of the women to purchase her groceries.
She came back with buckets and buckets of mangos and so Autumn gave one out to each of the kids of the Miriam Center. After we finished painting part of the room before lunch, I went over to greet each of my boys. When I got to Carlos, he was sucking on his mango and I patted him on the head and said hello again. He motioned me to wait. He proceed to suck on the mango as he began wiping his hands on his shirt and then reached for my hand. He wanted to hold my hand with his mango-sticky hand and go for a walk.
I am loving all of the connecting moments that I am experiencing with the children here. They just desire to be loved on and shown attention.

1 comment:

Priscilla Chauser said...

sweet picture of the two of you! I'll take a mango-sticky hand any day!