A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

1st Day of Camp... Tuesday, July 8th, 2008

Tuesday (July 8th, 2008)

First day of camp before it starts...


End of the day... after camp and everything...


So I am sitting in my room and I’m finishing up watching “Never Been Kissed” and thought I’d tell you a little bit more about my day. It was just filled with so much love and community, it was truly amazing… it’s almost unexplainable like you just feel this love and the love… just so much love… I could probably show you or tell you in person but online through writing just doesn’t really explain it.

There was love from the kids, the kids that I liked and that liked me and just gave me lots of hugs. The hugs from the kids was just so amazing, it showed me that they were excited to see me and they remembered me and was glad I was there. They have already asked me how long I’ll be staying and my heart partially breaks when I say for two weeks, wishing I could stay even longer.

There is the love for the interns, I got to see all of the returning summer interns today and there were so so so many hugs and happiness to see each other again and lots of smiles, followed by more hugs. Those hugs are just filled with love and understanding and joy and a sense of knowing what its like. Like I’ve mentioned before, I love hugs and getting them and giving them all the time with no judgment, no nothing, just pure love. Love for a brother and a sister and love for a friend.
Next time you see me, give me one of these hugs. Just to be held onto for mere moments is the greatest feeling.

Along with the loving hugs, we began the back scratching parties and massage parties this evening! Another loving act comes out of physical touch and the holding of a hand, the hug, the back-scratch or massaging without even being asked, but just doing it because you want to give someone some form of love of because you think that they could use it or would appreciate the unexpected.

I met some new people today, some of them work group and some of them interns and got to talk to them about myself and Urban and I got to here their stories as well.

My girls and I have been reunited for a few days. Today Molly and I and three of the guys went to pick Autumn up at the airport. We ambushed her while she was waiting for her luggage and having Autumn in town for a few days and Molly here for a few days and then Katie, its me and my girls again and it is great. Also having Hugh here is amazing because he has been like a brother to me and just everyone who I used to hang out with after camp and us all getting to reconnect again.

Things are going great can’t wait to update ya’ll some more. Tomorrow is swim day and I think out possible friends reunion!

Love love love.

1 comment:

megan said...

hey sweetheart, it sounds like you are having a great time and already blessing those around you. i miss you so much and am so blessed to have a great friend with such a large heart. I can't WAIT till we go fro-yo dating again and I can't wait to hear all about Camden. ALL about it :) I will be praying for you and reading your blog as often as I can k!! Keep loving, no matter what happens.

"Love never fails - Prophesies some day will cease, As for tongues, they will be stilled. Knowledge, it will pass away, but love, love NEVER fails."

I'm so proud of you Jenn.... I love you!