A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

3rd Day in Camden... 7/10/08

Thursday, July 10th, 2008

Happy Birthday John!
Today was my brother’s birthday.

Happy Birthday Ashley!
Today is also Ashley’s birthday; she is the Intern Director’s Assistant.




Today I spent the day with Jeri and we went to a vacation bible school at a local church and did a craft project with them because they were raising money for a new Urban Promise bus. The kids painted and wrote on canvas squares and then we would assemble the quilt back at UP in the basement. After finishing with four classes, a total of about 110 kids, we loaded up the car and found a Joann’s to buy some ribbon. We had to buy some bias tape and some ribbon for borders and embellishment.





After we got back from working with the VBS, I went and watched our girls and little boys basketball games. We won both, but the older boys lost it. 

Thursday’s are the camps staff planning nights and so we (Autumn, Josh Brady, Mike Zeir, Molly, and myself) met up with Ashley at Cheesecake Factory and had dinner. It was so so yummy, I ordered the Incredible Eggplant Sandwich and then we ordered a slice of cheesecake. We got back to Urban and I walked around and fed people bites of my cheesecake, which was so delicious… it was White Chocolate Raspberry! We also had cake for all of the June/July birthday that had happen already.




Then we all just hung out and talked outside of Urban and exchanged pick up lines… haha. I really enjoy talking and spending time with Sean, Jay, Molly, and Autumn. We stayed there until about a little after 11pm and then Josh K. drove the boys home and then drove me back to Cleve’s house.

No comments: