A Glimpse of Mi Vida...

It started with a missions trip to Camden, where my life and perspective were changed and where this blog began. Life has been a roller coaster filled with its ups and downs and I'm excited for the adventure and discovering what God has in store, even though I really dislike roller coasters... I am a Lady in Waiting...

Monday, July 7, 2008

I'm here!!!

So I made it... I'm here in Camden and am currently writing you from Urban Promise headquarters. It's almost sort of surreal because I've been waiting for this for over a year and I'm back and I've gotten to see some amazing people that I love.

---

So last night (Sunday) I finally finished packing, which took me a few days to figure out what I would need and what I wouldn't and I was going to have my parents ship me a box of some games and knick-knacks for the kids, but I ended up switching to a bigger bag and packing all of that stuff. Then I had my purse and a carry-on backpack which was huge because I had a game and a pillow in it.


"No offense, but girls can't pack" --Rob

To be honest, Rob was right because I thought that I may fall over with that backpack. haha

---
I didn't get much sleep last night, but my dad and I woke up this morning and left for the airport at 5:45am and I had done check in the night before so I was practically immediately in as soon as we got there and my bag was under 50 lbs. Yay! The thing that took the longest was waiting to get my luggage checked. While waiting to board the plane, it is fun to people watch. As they began to have people board the plane, its almost as if people wanted to rush the door. They will loading people by sections, which it didn't matter if you went up there, you were sent out of line if it wasn't your turn. I thought it was kind of funny. I ended up being seated near the front of the plane and had an aisle seat. The plane ride was rather nice, with the exception of the girl next to mee. She was a little bit big and so I felt quite squished and she slept the entire ride, which was fine... BUT she snored the entire time. It wasn't even like it was heavy breathing, she snored so load that sometimes she would wake herself up and then go back to snoring again. My headphones where in my carry-on and were stowed in an overhead compartment three rows back so I couldn't get to them to block out the sound and when I tried to sleep I had to lean to one side so I wouldn't have loud noise in my ear. At least I got A LOT of reading done.

The plane landed about 30 minutes behind schedule only be we had to circle around because the airport wasn't ready and didn't have room for us to land. We finally landed at 5pm and I went and claimed my luggage. It made it this time! My suitcase was like the 10th or 20th bag out, and I grabbed it and headed for the pick-up area.



Cleveland picked me up not too long after I got my luggage and called him and we headed to Urban. As we got closer and I recognized building and landmarks and as we approached Urban Promise, I began to get more and more excited!!!

Then we arrived...



I have spent the past few hours just saying hi to all the interns that are at headquarters and hanging out and wandering around. I still figuring out specific living situations... but I hope to surprise my girls at camp tomorrow!

Love you all. Thanks for reading, tell our friends about it all... I can't get into myspace here to do a update and post for our friends... so spread the word.


LOVE YOU ALL!!!













No comments: